PayPal is a secure online payment system that we use to ensure that payments between passengers and drivers are safe. The process is simple:
- The passenger pays the cost of the journey to GoCarShare via PayPal. This will also confirm the journey.
- GoCarShare holds the payment until the journey has taken place.
- If there are no refund requests after 7 days GoCarShare pays the driver, taking a 15% commission (this includes our administration costs and PayPal’s service charges)
This way the driver can be certain that the passenger can’t run from the car without paying, and the passenger can’t be accused of not paying after the journey has taken place. PayPal is the largest online money transfer system in the world, it has been the preferred payment system of eBay users since 2000, and maintains its reputation by keeping its customer’s data safe. It’s really easy to set up a PayPal account (paypal.com).
GoCarShare has a non-negotiable refund policy:
- If either the passenger or driver cancels the journey 72 hours before the departure date the passenger will receive a full refund
- If the passenger cancels the journey between 24-72 hours before the departure date the passenger and driver will each receive 50% of the journey payment (- a 15% service charge)
- If the passenger cancels the journey less than 24 hours before the journey takes place, or fails to show up to the journey, the driver will receive the full journey amount (- a 15% service charge)
- If the driver cancels the journey at any point, or fails to appear at the departure point the passenger will receive a full refund.
- Both the driver and the passenger must wait at least 30 minutes after the departure time before a refund will be considered.